Skip to content
- We’ve got New York City gypsy-punks’ latest, “Seekers and Finders” from Gogol Bordello : good if you’re into punk but looking for a little something more eclectic.
- Next up is California sisters, HAIM, and their sophomore album, “Something to Tell You” : more infectious pop-rock for your collection and post-relationship blues.
- A restock of our generation’s most ambitious rapper (?) or at least the most willing to experiment with genre. “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” – Kanye West.
- Home-recording guru and lo-fi multiinstrumentalist, Ariel Pink’s third album : “Dedicated to Bobby Jameson.”
- Kentucky alt-rockers who, if we didn’t know better, sound as if they’re from Manchester in the United Kingdom, Cage the Elephant’s, “Unpeeled.”
- And finally, Paramore, which has gone electronic and 80’s synthpop on their latest album, “After Laughter.
- New Releases and Old Favorites from Chicago’s own Drag City Records, including Royal Trux, Jim O’Rourke and new “Plum” from Wand and “Crew Licks” from Dead Rider.